Home » Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
- A simple lunch time or break time activity; of just taking a brisk walk, or a light jog in a park , or doing sprints(this boosts the metabolism and burns more calories than plain jogging!) ; All are more preferable in the fresh air and nature of course!!
- Some companies actually offer private lead classes for their employees; or even have such amenities as basketball courts or gyms! Lucky for you if you have this addition to your workplace , just make sure to take advantage!
- Many Fitness & Dance Studios offer a shorter lunch time sessions, or early morning option for classes.
- Doing some deep breathing exercises : Standing , reaching up as high as you can while inhaling, as you exhale drop your arms , letting them swing as you fold in half. repeat 3 or four times! definitely feel a charge of oxygenation from this one. Best done by an open window or door !
- Get yourself some clean pure water ( I like Ionized restructured water which is ‘wetter’ and more rehydrating ) in a BPA free bottle or even better a glass container.
- Herbal teas are also nice alternative to caffeinated beverages ( which are very dehydrating)
- Fruits & Veggies, especially Cucumber, celery, melons,apples & peaches all have high water content and make a great snack.
- Simply stretch your arms above your head while standing or seated. Standing and touching your toes. I love resting my hands on the back of a chair or desk while bending at the hips to stretch the shoulders and back . Stretching the neck by letting the head gently fall from side to side, forward and back. Reaching up high and side to side . Explore your range of motion for a quick de-stress break!
- The nice thing about working from a computer is that we can easily change our work environment by moving ourselves and our laptop to a different location. All to often we neglect to take advantage of this and stay at our desks. Taking your laptop outside on a nice day and kicking off your shoes is a great way to refresh you body and mind as well as get in touch with nature. Electronics give off lots of positive charges, whereas outdoors is full of negative charges, taking it outside can have a balancing effect.
Making a few changes to the way you set up your day can make all the difference in your health, well-being and productivity! I hope that some of these ideas can inspire & assist you in doing so!