Home » Guest Posts
Category Archives: Guest Posts
- A simple lunch time or break time activity; of just taking a brisk walk, or a light jog in a park , or doing sprints(this boosts the metabolism and burns more calories than plain jogging!) ; All are more preferable in the fresh air and nature of course!!
- Some companies actually offer private lead classes for their employees; or even have such amenities as basketball courts or gyms! Lucky for you if you have this addition to your workplace , just make sure to take advantage!
- Many Fitness & Dance Studios offer a shorter lunch time sessions, or early morning option for classes.
- Doing some deep breathing exercises : Standing , reaching up as high as you can while inhaling, as you exhale drop your arms , letting them swing as you fold in half. repeat 3 or four times! definitely feel a charge of oxygenation from this one. Best done by an open window or door !
- Get yourself some clean pure water ( I like Ionized restructured water which is ‘wetter’ and more rehydrating ) in a BPA free bottle or even better a glass container.
- Herbal teas are also nice alternative to caffeinated beverages ( which are very dehydrating)
- Fruits & Veggies, especially Cucumber, celery, melons,apples & peaches all have high water content and make a great snack.
- Simply stretch your arms above your head while standing or seated. Standing and touching your toes. I love resting my hands on the back of a chair or desk while bending at the hips to stretch the shoulders and back . Stretching the neck by letting the head gently fall from side to side, forward and back. Reaching up high and side to side . Explore your range of motion for a quick de-stress break!
- The nice thing about working from a computer is that we can easily change our work environment by moving ourselves and our laptop to a different location. All to often we neglect to take advantage of this and stay at our desks. Taking your laptop outside on a nice day and kicking off your shoes is a great way to refresh you body and mind as well as get in touch with nature. Electronics give off lots of positive charges, whereas outdoors is full of negative charges, taking it outside can have a balancing effect.
Making a few changes to the way you set up your day can make all the difference in your health, well-being and productivity! I hope that some of these ideas can inspire & assist you in doing so!
We would like to invite you to get in Cahoots with us on our blog. We are looking for submissions from bloggers as well as people who would like to write or tell a story. We’re looking at the following topics:
- Social Media
- Small Business
- Collaboration and Reciprocity
Here are some more specific examples of topics we are looking to cover:
- Stories from early adopters of various social media platforms.
- Unique connections you’ve made through social media.
- How social media has changed your life.
- The story of your small business.
- How social media applies to your industry specifically.
- How you have used collaboration and giving back to your community to build yourself or your business.
- Ways you incorporate sustainability into your business practices.
And we’re open to many more!
How it will work is you fill out the form below with your name, email, website, and a summary of the topic/story you are submitting. We will respond to you to let you know if it fits with Cahoots or not. If so then we will publish a post on our blog, Tweet it to our growing base of followers, share it on Facebook, submit it to StumbleUpon, Share it on Google+ and add an image to a board on Pinterest dedicated to our guest posts and stories. We will give you credit, provide you with a mini bio and a link to your website/blog. Lot’s of social media exposure.
Here is an example of what one of our Guest Blog posts has looked like in the past: ‘Hiring a Social Media Manager‘
We look forward to hearing from you!